Main Menu

What does it mean by 'Eka Sarana Nama Dharma' ? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » Eka Sarana Nama Dharma
Gayatri. Jan 2 '12
Please give your understanding regarding 'eka sarana nama dharma'. Thanks.
Gayatri. Jan 2 '12
Specially i want your understanding on the words 'Eka Sarana' i mean what does these two words 'Eka Sarana' actually implies.
The Forum post is edited by Gayatri. Jan 2 '12
'Eka Sharana' means submission to or refuge in one ultimate entity. It is what lord Krishna asked Arjuna for, in Geeta. 'Mamekang sharanang braja.' One can however name the ultimate entity differently as per one's personal belief or the system of one's religious order. In Srimanta Sankaradeva's  Eka Sharana Nama Dharma, the name of the supreme entity, lord Krishna is chanted as a spiritual exercise as well as a means to achieve the feeling of identity with the absolute supreme being.
The Forum post is edited by Sanjib Kumar Borkakoti Jan 3 '12
Joyraj Kalita Jan 3 '12
In a very simple way "Eka Sarana" means taking absolute shelter or refuge in One God, Krishna. As stated by our most respected Borkakoti sir:

sarva-dharman parityajya
mam ekam saranam vraja
aham tvam sarva-papebhyo
moksayisyami ma sucah

Abandon all varieties of religion and just surrender unto Me. I shall deliver you from all sinful reaction. Do not fear.

Krishna says that Arjuna should give up all the processes that have been explained to him; he should simply surrender to Krishna. That surrender will save him from all kinds of sinful reactions, Krishna personally promises to protect him.

In Eka Sarana Hari Naam Dharma a man becomes a devotee by initiation which is itself referred to as sarana.

The Forum post is edited by Joyraj Kalita Jan 3 '12
'':
fade
slide
Rating: